Easy Jiffy cornbread casserole recipe made with hamburger beef, cornbread and cheese. A rich in flavor, hearty weeknight dinner that can be made in 30 minutes.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 (6 oz) can tomato paste
- 1 Cup water
- salt and pepper to taste
- Jiffy cornbread mix
- 1 egg
- 1/3 Cup milk
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1 1/2 Cup cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400˚F. Brown the ground beef and onion until fully cooked. Drain the fat.
- Add tomato paste, water, salt and pepper to ground beef and onion. Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine cornbread mix, egg, milk and corn.
- Grease a 8×8 pan and add the meat mixture. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Cover with cornbread batter.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until cornbread is fully cooked.
- Category: Casserole
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: jiffy cornbread casserole, ground beef cornbread casserole