Turkey pie is a great way to use that leftover Thanksgiving day turkey! The cheesy filling, loaded with turkey and broccoli, is baked inside convenient crescent roll dough.
On the hunt for something to use that leftover turkey? Then look no further. This super easy recipe made with crescent rolls is rich in flavor and taste. Whether you’re making it from last week’s turkey or pulling turkey out of the freezer to thaw – this recipe will not disappoint.
How to Make Turkey Pie
The filling of this recipe reminds me of broccoli cheese dip. Unique and different, it’s a hearty addition to this pie
- Place crescent rolls in a 13×9 baking dish. Press onto the bottom and ½ way up the sides. Bake at 375˚ for 5-7 minutes or until it just starts to turn golden brown. (Don’t over bake!)
- In a bowl combine all the remaining ingredients, except for the egg. Spoon over the partially baked crust.
- Cut crescents into 1 inch strips and make a lattice design on top of the turkey mixture. Brush with egg and bake at 375˚ F for 17-22 minutes or until top crust is golden brown.
Sides to Go with the PiePrint
Turkey pie is a great way to use that leftover Thanksgiving day turkey! The cheesy filling, loaded with turkey and broccolli, is baked inside convenient crescent roll dough.
- 3 tubes refrigerated crescent rolls (8 oz each)
- 4 Cups leftover turkey, chopped
- 1 ½ Cups cheddar or swiss cheese
- 10 oz frozen broccoli florets, thawed and drained
- 1 can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 ⅓ Cups milk
- 2 Tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon minced dry onion
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 375˚ F.
- Unroll two tubes of the crescent roll dough. Press onto the bottom and up ½ of the side of an ungreased 13×9 inch pan. Seal the perforations. Bake at 375˚ F for 5-7 minutes or just starting to turn lightly golden. Remove from oven.
- In a bowl, combine the turkey, broccoli, soup, milk, mustard, onion, and salt. Mix well and spoon over baked bottom crust layer.
- Unroll the remaining crescent roll. Divide into rectangles and seal the perforations. Cut each rectangle into 1 inch strips creating four long strips per rectangle. Using the strips create a lattice pattern over the filling. Brush with egg.
- Bake 17-22 minutes or until the top crust is golden brown and the filling reaches an internal temperature of 165˚ F.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 457
- Sugar: 2.4
- Sodium: 690
- Fat: 16.2
- Carbohydrates: 11.6
- Protein: 61.4
- Cholesterol: 221.5
Keywords: turkey pie, leftover turkey pie, turkey pot pie