This delicious lemon blueberry poppy seed bread with lemon glaze is the perfect snack with a cup of coffee or tea.
- 1–2 large lemons
- 1/2 cup + 3 T. milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon ground flax seed
- 1 Tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup + 1 T. confectioners sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Zest a lemon or two until you get 1 tablespoon of finely grated lemon zest.
- Using the zested lemon, squeeze 3 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice.
- Into your zest and juice mixture, add 1/2 cup + 3 Tablespoons of milk (any kind), 1/4 cup canola oil, 2 Tablespoons unsweetened applesauce, 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract and 3/4 cup granulated sugar. Stir it all together and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour, 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 Tablespoon ground flax seed and 1 Tablespoon of poppy seeds.
- Combine your wet lemon mixture and your flour mixture and stir until combined.
- Fold in 1 cup of fresh blueberries.
- Transfer the batter (it will be thick!) into a greased bread pan and bake for 40-50 minutes until it is lightly browned and an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove the bread from the pan and let it cool completely.
- Spread on lemon glaze : 1 cup + 1 Tablespoon of confectioners sugar mixed with 1 Tablespoon of fresh lemon juice.
- Category: Breakfast