Creamy lemon cream cheese frosting whipped together with just five simple ingredients in less than 10 minutes. Perfect for cakes, cupcakes and cookies this pipeable frosting is made with fresh zested lemon peel and lemon juice.
- 12 oz. softened cream cheese
- 6 Tablespoons room temperature butter
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 Cups powdered sugar
- In a large bowl, mix together the cheese, butter, fresh lemon juice, fresh lemon zest and vanilla extract using a hand held or stand up mixer.
- Add 1 ½ cups powdered sugar, ½ cup at a time, until the mixture is creamy. Mix on high for 10 more seconds before turning off the mixer.
- Pipe into shortbreads or fresh strawberries or spread onto a 13×9 cake.
Does this recipe make enough for a cake? If you use the entire bowl of frosting, it will easily cover a 13×9 cake, but you will need to double the recipe for a layered cake.
- Category: Frosting
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: lemon cream cheese frosting