Who loves lemon? If you do, then you will LOVE this easy lemon crock pot chicken recipe I made last week. My husband is a big fan of anything citrus. Key lime pie is his favorite for his birthday so when I had the chance to make dinner with lemon, he was pretty excited. Lemons and limes go hand in hand in this house.
Let me start by saying that this is a LEMONy recipes. If you don’t like lemon, you won’t like this chicken. It is packed with citrus to make you pucker. We loved it but it’s not for everyone. Now that I have that off my chest, here’s how to make this goodness.
To make this lemon crock pot chicken recipe you will need:
3 TB dry white wine
1 TB grated lemon zest
2 TB fresh lemon juice
1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
2 tsp minced thyme
3 chicken breasts
3 TB minced garlic
In a skillet warm the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic for one minute. Turn off the heat and mix in the white wine, grated lemon zest, fresh lemon juice, dried oregano and minced thyme. Pour it into the crock pot.
Salt and pepper your chicken breasts and add them to the crockpot on top of your lemon mixture. Brush the chicken breasts with the lemon mixture. Cut the lemon into slices and place between each chicken breast. Are you getting the picture of how LEMONy this will be. 🙂
Bake in the crockpot for 3 – 4 hours. Serve over rice and enjoy!Print
- 3 TB dry white wine
- 1 TB grated lemon zest
- 2 TB fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp minced thyme
- olive oil
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 lemon
- 3 TB minced garlic
- Warm the olive oil in a skillet and add the garlic for one minute. Remove from the heat.
- Add the white wine, lemon zest, lemon juice, oregano and thyme. Mix.
- Pour the mixture into your crock pot.
- Salt and pepper your chicken breasts and place onto top of the mixture.
- Brush the chicken with the mixture.
- Cut the lemon into slices and place between each chicken breast.
- Cook in the crock pot on low for 3 – 4 hours.
- Serve over rice and enjoy.
Adapted from this recipe.
Love lemon? You might want to give this Moist Lemon Cake Recipe a try!