Easy cold lemon dessert (aka lemon lush) made with cream cheese and lemon pudding.
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup pecans + extra for top
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 16 oz cool whip
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 small (3.4 oz) boxes lemon instant pudding
- 5 cups milk
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Cut butter into flour. Mix well and add pecans. Pat into the bottom of a 9×13 pan and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool completely.
- Whip together softened cream cheese and powdered sugar. Fold in half of the cool whip (about 8 oz.). Spread over crust.
- Combine lemon pudding and milk. Beat until thick. Spread over cream cheese layer.
- Spoon and swirl the remaining cool whip on top. Sprinkle with pecans.
Refrigerate until ready to serve.
If making this ahead, it will keep for an entire day. I think it’s even better the second day!
If you want to make a smaller dessert, you can cut the recipe in half and use a 9×9 pan.
I highly recommend using Jell-O brand lemon pudding. I’ve tried a few off brands (specifically Kroger) and they did not have the same great lemon-y taste. That being said, even with the Kroger brand the final product was delicious!
- Category: dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Lemon Lush, Lemon Pudding Dessert, Lemon Dessert