A refreshing lemon jello cake with lime jello filling. Topped with a lemon pudding dream whip frosting.
- lemon supreme box cake mix
- vegetable oil
- lime jello (3 oz)
- 3/4 Cup boiling water
- 1/2 Cup cold water
- lemon instant pudding (3.2 oz)
- 1 envelope of dream whip
- 1 1/2 Cup cold milk
- Preheat oven according to cake mix directions. Grease and flour a 9×13 glass baking dish.
- Bake the lemon cake as directed. Cool cake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- While cake cools make the jello. Combine lime jello and 3/4 cup boiling water. Once jello is dissolved add 1/2 cup cold water. Cool to room temperature.
- Poke holes into warm cake and pour cooled jello over the cake. Refrigerate.
- Once cake is cool, make the frosting by beating lemon pudding, dream whip and cold milk. Spread over the top of the cake and refrigerate.
This cake can be made the day ahead. It also freezes well. If freezing the cake, take out of the freezer the morning of your event to allow for at least 8 hours to thaw on the countertop.
It will take 3 to 8 minutes to beat the frosting until it is thick and creamy.
- Category: dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: jello cake, lemon jello cake, jello poke cake, jello poke cake recipe, jello cake recipe