Easy lemon pie recipe using lemon curd on a homemade buttery crust.
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- milk with egg to equal 3/4 cup
- 10 oz. jar of pre-made lemon curd
- 1 1/2 cups of whipped cream
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees
- In a medium size bowl, combine your flour, salt, sugar and baking powder. Using a pastry blender or fork, cut in ½ cup (1 stick) of unsalted butter until you have small pea size chunks of butter mixed throughout.
- In a small liquid measuring cup, crack one egg. Then pour enough whole milk over the egg until you have ¾ cup total.
- Making a well in the dry ingredients, slowly pour the egg and milk mixture into the flour mixture and stir until the dough comes together.
- Using floured hands, press dough into an un-greased 10 inch pie plate, leaving the bottom plenty thick while bringing the dough up sides.
- Spread 10 oz. of pre-made lemon curd filling onto the bottom of the pastry and bake for 12-15 minutes until you see a slight golden color on the edge and a toothpick comes clean when poked into the center of the side crust.
- When cool enough, top with lightly sweetened whipped cream.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Lemon pie, easy lemon pie, lemon pie filling, lemon curd pie