Super simple make ahead Christmas cookies that store best in the freezer. Can be made weeks ahead of time. This cookie has a thin cakey middle and crispy edges.
- 1 Cup butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 Cup sugar
- 2 Cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tarter
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375˚F.
- In a mixer, cream butter, sugar and egg. Add dry ingredients and mix well.
- Shape into balls using a heaping teaspoon. Drop into granulated sugar. Place on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 minutes at 375˚ F. Remove from baking sheet when cool.
To freeze: Bake as directed. Let cool and then store in airtight container in freezer. Let thaw before serving.
Make a large cookie: You can make these cookies larger by using a tablespoon to create a dough ball. Baking time will need to be adjusted.
Colored Sugar: Roll in colored sugar to make more festive.
- Calories: 94
- Sugar: 5.6
- Sodium: 20.4
- Fat: 5.3
- Carbohydrates: 10.9
- Protein: .9
- Cholesterol: 18.7
Keywords: christmas cookies, make ahead christmas cookies