These maple glazed carrots are roasted to perfection to create a sweet, salty and caramel-like taste. Using real maple syrup, this inexpensive roasted side dish is bursting with flavor and is super simple to make!
- 1 pound peeled carrots
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 Tablespoon butter, melted
- 3 Tablespoon pure maple syrup
- Rinse, peel, and cut your carrots into sticks. Place them in a saucepan with the water and 3/4 tsp. salt. Once boiling, top with a lid and wait 5 minutes.
- Drain the excess liquid from the carrots and add the remaining ingredients to the pan (including the remaining salt). Toss to coat and transfer to a large baking pan in a single layer.
- Bake the carrots at 350˚F for 30 minutes, flipping them over every 10 minutes.
Make-Ahead: Slice, boil, and glaze your carrots ahead of time. Bake before serving.
Organic Carrots: If you can, use organic carrots and pure maple syrup. If you only have table syrup, that will do!
Vegan: To make these vegan, substitute Earth Balance butter or melted coconut oil.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 25
- Sugar: 3
- Sodium: 331.2
- Fat: .1
- Carbohydrates: 5.8
- Protein: .5
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: maple glazed carrots, roasted carrots, glazed carrots