- 1 cup walnuts
- 2 1/2 cups white flour
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. salt.
- 14 oz. of canned pumpkin
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp. maple flavoring.
- Toast 1 cup walnuts for 8 minutes at 325 degrees. Then coarsely chop them up.
- In a large mixing bowl, measure out and whisk together 2 1/2 cups white flour, 2 cups whole wheat flour, 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar, 2 tsp. baking powder, 2 tsp. cinnamon, 1/2 tsp. ground cloves, 1/4 tsp. ground ginger and 1 tsp. salt.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together 14 oz. of canned pumpkin, 3 large eggs and 2 tsp. maple flavoring.
- Spoon the wet mixture into the bowl of dry ingredients and mix with the spoon.
- Using your hands, work in the chopped walnuts so to evenly distribute them.
- Lay down some parchment paper on a large cookie sheet and form the dough into one log (13 inches in length / 5.5 inches in width at it’s widest point / 1 inch thick ).
- Bake the log in a preheated 350 degree oven for 45 minutes or until firm to the touch. Then take it out and let it cool for 15 minutes.
- Slice the log into 1/2 inch slices and stand the slices up on the cookie sheet.
- Rebake at the same temperature for another 25-30 minutes. The longer you bake, the crunchier they will be.
- When cooled thoroughly, melt white chocolate in a shallow dish and coat one side of each biscotti.
- Category: Dessert