Rich and chewy marshmallow brownies made with only seven ingredients and then topped with gooey marshmallows. These are as good as the box mix – seriously!
As long as I can remember, people have been using the brownie recipe from a cardboard box if not making it from scratch like these blonde brownies. But what if I told you that homemade brownies are *almost* just as easy and, dare I say it, even better than the box version.
Our family has been making brownies from scratch for years and I am completely honest when I say that I’ll never go back to the box again. These chocolatey rich and chewy brownies only require 7 simple ingredients (no dextrose or artificial flavors here!) and they are naturally oil free.
In just a little more time than it takes to mix brownies from a box (maybe 6 minutes instead of 4?) you will have a pan of homemade chocolate heaven ready for the oven. Broil on your favorite toppings and serve with vanilla ice cream for a special summer treat.
The 7 ingredients needed to make these brownies are really simple
- cocoa powder
How to Make Marshmallow Brownies
To begin, preheat your oven to 325˚F. Combine the first four ingredients in a bowl and microwave them for 1 minute. Stir it all until the butter is melted and the mixture is smooth.
Add the eggs, one at a time. Stir after each one until you can’t see the egg anymore.
Stir in the vanilla, and then add in the flour all at once and stir vigorously until you can’t see the flour any longer.
Coat a 13×9 pan with cooking spray and spread the brownie mix evenly into the pan. This beaut is ready for the oven!
Bake the brownies for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center barely comes out clean.
You can certainly enjoy these brownies as they are, but we like add some fun on top! Add mini marshmallows and chocolate chips and return to the oven for just one minute. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- mini marshmallows
- chocolate chips
- candy bars
We love to serve these homemade brownies with vanilla ice cream or real whipped cream for a good dose of smile. Join the 10% of us who made brownies from scratch! I doubt you’ll ever go back.
More Dessert RecipesPrint
Rich and chewy marshmallow brownies made with only seven ingredients and then topped with gooey marshmallows. These rival the box mix – seriously!
- 1 cup salted butter
- 2 1/2 Cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 Cups cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 Cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine the butter, cocoa, sugar, and salt in a bowl. Microwave on high 1 minute. Remove from microwave and stir until the butter is melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Add the eggs to the batter, one at a time, stirring after each one until you can’t see the egg. Stir in the vanilla. Next, add in the flour all at once and stir vigorously until you can’t see the flour any longer. Coat a 13×9 pan with cooking spray and spread the brownie mix evenly into the pan.
- Bake the brownies for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center barely comes out clean.
- (Optional) Add marshmallows, chocolate chips, candy bar pieces, nuts, and/or caramels and bake for 1 minute or until the toppings are soft.
- Optional Topping Ideas: dark or white chocolate chips, coconut, candy bar pieces, Oreo cookies, caramel, M&Ms, nuts
- Refrigerate: These bars can be kept in the refrigerator for a more dense texture
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 brownie
- Calories: 208
- Sugar: 21
- Sodium: 168.1
- Fat: 9.1
- Carbohydrates: 32
- Protein: 2.9
- Cholesterol: 43.6
Keywords: brownies from scratch, marshmallow brownies