Rich and chewy marshmallow brownies made with only seven ingredients and then topped with gooey marshmallows. These rival the box mix – seriously!
- 1 cup salted butter
- 2 1/2 Cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 Cups cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 Cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine the butter, cocoa, sugar, and salt in a bowl. Microwave on high 1 minute. Remove from microwave and stir until the butter is melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Add the eggs to the batter, one at a time, stirring after each one until you can’t see the egg. Stir in the vanilla. Next, add in the flour all at once and stir vigorously until you can’t see the flour any longer. Coat a 13×9 pan with cooking spray and spread the brownie mix evenly into the pan.
- Bake the brownies for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center barely comes out clean.
- (Optional) Add marshmallows, chocolate chips, candy bar pieces, nuts, and/or caramels and bake for 1 minute or until the toppings are soft.
- Optional Topping Ideas: dark or white chocolate chips, coconut, candy bar pieces, Oreo cookies, caramel, M&Ms, nuts
- Refrigerate: These bars can be kept in the refrigerator for a more dense texture
- Serving Size: 1 brownie
- Calories: 208
- Sugar: 21
- Sodium: 168.1
- Fat: 9.1
- Carbohydrates: 32
- Protein: 2.9
- Cholesterol: 43.6
Keywords: brownies from scratch, marshmallow brownies