This millionaire pie recipe with its rich, creamy texture and the added crunch of pecans, is a true winner as a no-bake recipe. The refreshing twist of pineapple makes it a refreshing favorite. And the best part? You can prep this pie in just 5 minutes!
This lovely, creamy, no-bake pie is a true classic, with a well-balanced flavor that’s hard to resist. The pecans add a lovely crunch, and the sweetened condensed milk and whipped dairy topping give it a rich, creamy texture that’s simply irresistible.
If you’re a fan of vintage recipes, you’ll love this recipe. And if you enjoy it, you should try my Cool Whip chocolate pie recipe, which has a similar creamy texture. And if you’re into old-fashioned desserts, my vintage pineapple upside-down cake is a must-try too.
This recipe comes from my grandma’s recipe box. Written in my grandma’s handwriting, it is very special to me. I can just picture her enjoying this pie at an event and then writing it down on a scrap piece of paper to make sure to keep hold of it to make in the future. I’m so glad she did!
Table of Contents
Why I Love This Recipe
- Quick and Easy: This recipe is a time-saver, with the pie filling made in 5 minutes or less. There’s minimal hands-on work required to make it!
- Classic Flavors: The combination of sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice, and pineapple gives this pie a timeless flavor that’s hard to beat.
- Make-Ahead: This is a make-ahead dessert. Once prepped, it is chilled in the refrigerator overnight or for four hours. It’s perfect for dinner parties or special occasions.
- Family Favorite: This recipe makes two pies, which is great because one pie is never enough! It’s a hit with the whole family.
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email & I'll send it to your inbox. Plus, get great new recipes from me every week!
- Crushed Pineapple: This will add a burst of sweet, tangy flavor and a bit of texture to the pie.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk: This ingredient will give the pie a rich, creamy sweetness that is essential for the recipe.
- Lemon Juice: It will add a tangy kick and help to balance out the sweetness of the condensed milk and pineapple.
- Pecans: These will add a lovely crunch and a nutty flavor to the pie.
- Whipped Dairy topping: This will add a light, fluffy texture to the pie and enhance the creaminess of the sweetened condensed milk.
- Graham Cracker Crust: This will provide a sturdy, slightly sweet base for the pie and complement the flavors of the other ingredients.
- Large Bowl: You’ll need this to combine the ingredients and to fold in the topping. It’s essential for mixing everything.
- Mix Spoon: This will help you fold the whipped dairy topping into the other ingredients in the bowl. It’s a handy tool for this recipe.
- Knife: You’ll use this to chop the pecans. It’s important to have a sharp knife for this task.
How to Make Millionaire Pie
Start by draining the crushed pineapple and chopping the pecans. You’ll also need to have your graham cracker crusts ready. Remember, the recipe makes two pies, so make sure you have enough crusts.
Step 1 – Combine Ingredients
In a large bowl, mix together the drained pineapple, sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice, and chopped pecans. Once these ingredients are well-combine, fold in the whipped dairy topping. This will give your pie filling a rich, creamy texture with a lovely crunch.
Step 2 – Fill the Pie Crusts
Pour the pie filling evenly into your two prepared graham cracker crusts. This will ensure that each pie has an equal amount of the delicious filling. Sprinkle with additional nuts.
Step 3 – Chill the Pies
Place your pies in the refrigerator and let them chill for at least four hours before serving. This will allow the filling to set and the flavors to meld together, giving you the perfect no-bake millionaire pies.
When making this pie, I suggest whipping together all the pie filling ingredients except for the whipped topping. Fold in the whipped topping until it’s all incorporated. Immediately pour into the graham cracker crusts and let chill for at least four hours.
- Chopped Coconut: If you’re a fan of coconut, try adding a half cup of chopped coconut to the pie filling. It’ll give your pie a tropical twist.
- Nut Free: For a nut-free version, simply leave out the pecans. You can replace them with an equal amount of chopped maraschino cherries for a pop of color and flavor.
- Lemon Zest: Add a touch of extra lemony flavor by stirring in a tablespoon of lemon zest into the pie filling. It’ll brighten up the flavors and make your pie even more refreshing.
- Homemade Pie Crust: You can also make your own homemade graham cracker crust or use a shortbread crust instead. Change it up to add a little variation to your no-bake million dollar pie!
What to Serve With
- For a morning treat, pair a slice of this millionaire pie with a cup of hot coffee. The creamy, sweet pie is a perfect complement to the bold, bitter coffee.
- If you’re a fan of classic dessert pairings, serve this pie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. The cool, creamy ice cream enhances the rich, sweet flavors of the pie.
- For a decadently indulgent treat, drizzle a bit of chocolate sauce over your slice of millionaire pie. The chocolatey sweetness pairs wonderfully with the tropical flavors of the pie.
No. The structure of store-bought whipping cream such as Cool Whip works best with this recipe.
You will want to chill your pie for at least four hours. Overnight is best.
Sure! Just make sure to use the same measurement of 20 oz drained in the recipe. I would recommend trying maraschino cherries, chopped strawberries, or even a little coconut for added flavor.
Make sure to use the ingredients shared to have the best results and drain the canned pineapple. If made as directed, the pie will be set within four hours in the refrigerator.
Storing and Reheating
- Refrigerate: After enjoying your delicious Millionaire Pie, any leftovers should be stored in the fridge. Simply cover the pie with plastic wrap or place it in an airtight container. It can be stored this way for up to three days.
- Freeze: This pie freezes well for up to 6 months! Simply cover it with plastic wrap and store it in the freeze.
- Thaw: When ready to enjoy, let it thaw in the refrigerator. It tastes incredible, and your family will love it!
- What to Expect: This millionaire pie recipe yields enough to fill two 8-inch graham cracker crusts, making two delicious pies.
- How to Scale: If you want to make more than two pies, you can easily double the recipe. Just make sure you have a large enough bowl to combine all the ingredients and don’t forget to chill the pies for at least four hours before serving. Follow the rest of the instructions as directed.
- 20 oz crushed pineapple drained
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 Cup lemon juice
- 1 Cup pecans chopped
- 9 oz whipped dairy topping
- 2 8 inch graham cracker crust
- In a large bowl combine all the ingredients except for the whipped dairy topping. Fold in the whipped dairy topping into the other ingredients.
- Pour pie filling evenly into two prepared graham cracker crusts. Sprinkle with additional pecans to garnish.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least four hours before serving. Best if chilled overnight.