- 1 1/4 cup butter + 2 T., divided
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 – 3.4 oz box of instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 Tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 6 oz. semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
- Melt ¾ cup of the butter, the granulated sugar, cocoa, and vanilla in a medium saucepan using medium heat until smooth. Add in your coconut and graham cracker crumbs to form a dough. Spread the dough into a 2.2 qt. baking pan or 9 inch square pan and press down tightly. Put the crust into the freezer as you prepare the filling layer.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the instant pudding, heavy cream, and ½ cup of soft butter until creamy (about 1-2 minutes) Add in the powdered sugar until thoroughly mixed and you have the consistency of a thick frosting. Remove the crust from the freezer and spread the filling layer on top. Put it back into the freezer as you prepare the top layer.
- In a small saucepan, melt the remaining 2 T butter and 6 oz. of dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips. Remove your crust and filling from the freezer and spread this chocolate mixture on top.
- Refrigerate the napoloen cremes for at least 30 minutes until serving and cut into small squares.
You can double this recipe for a 13×9 pan, but the bars will be a bit taller
Feel free to add your favorite extracts to the filling layer (amaretto, almond, coconut, etc)
For a smoother crust, try grinding the shredded coconut before adding it in.
- Category: dessert
- Method: no-bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: napoleon cremes, no bake dessert