This homemade no bake peanut butter pie recipe is made with a rich peanut butter filling (no cream cheese!), an Oreo crust and silky smooth dark chocolate ganache top layer. It’s one of the best pie recipes!
Homemade No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie. It may not be your typical autumn dessert, but when placed next to pumpkin pie at the Thanksgiving dinner table, I guarantee your one piece of pie will turn into two. This pie is from another planet, my friends. There is no cream cheese filler in this recipe. Why? Because peanut butter pie is supposed to highlight…wait for it… peanut butter. With nearly two cups of that beloved peanut puree, the Oreo crumb crust and silky smooth dark chocolate ganache are just the side stars.
What Are the Ingredients To Make Peanut Butter Pie
- real heavy whipping cream
- quality dark chocolate
- coconut cream
- real butter
- natural peanut butter
- powdered sugar
Before you read any further, you also have to understand one more thing. You cannot cut ANY corners with this recipe. If you want peanut butter pie as it was meant to be, you have to follow the instructions exactly. You will need real heavy whipping cream, quality dark chocolate, real butter, coconut cream and natural peanut butter. If your peanut butter jar includes extra oils, sugar or molasses in the ingredient list, it will lack the robust taste of peanuts and will not work in this pie. You have to buy the peanut butter containing only peanuts and salt. Trust me 😉
If I haven’t scared you away yet, I know what you’re thinking…This pie is not going to help me with my weight loss goals. To that I say, if you can splurge on a piece of pie during the holidays, let it at least be THIS one.
Totally. Worth. The. Calories.
Are you ready to make real no bake homemade peanut butter pie with me?
Come on in to my kitchen!
How To Make Oreo Crust For No Bake Peanut Butter Pie
In a food processor or blender, crumble one package of Oreo sandwich cookies and ¾ cup melted butter.
Press down the moist Oreo crumb mixture into a 10 inch pie pan. If you use a smaller pan, such as the foil disposable ones, keep in mind you will have crust and filling overflow that you will have to eat right away. (Not such a bad thing!) Once you have pressed in your crust, pop it in the refrigerator.
How To Make Peanut Butter Pie Filling
Using a hand held or stand mixer, blend together 1 additional cup of room temperature butter, natural peanut butter (only peanuts and salt!) and powdered sugar.
This is what your creamy peanut butter will look like when you take out the beaters.
To make the no bake peanut butter pie filling more creamy, without taking away the peanut flavor, we are going to add freshly whipped heavy cream. To do this, add heavy whipping cream to your blender and blend on medium speed until soft peaks form. Using a spatula, fold your whipped cream into the peanut butter mixture.
Remove your Oreo crust from the refrigerator and spread your creamy, dreamy peanut butter filling. Place the pie back into the refrigerator to set up.
How To Make Chocolate Ganache Top Layer
Lots of peanut butter pies have little chocolate shavings or syrup drizzled on top, but this pie is not typical. We are going to make a two ingredient melt-in-your-mouth ganache to be poured on top. In a heavy bottom saucepan, place 1 cup of quality dark chocolate chips.
I like to use dark chocolate with at least 60% cocoa. It may sound bitter, but our coconut cream will add a natural sweetness to the chocolate. Open your chilled can of full fat coconut milk. Scoop out the cream on top (about ½ cup) and mix it into your chocolate chips as they become warm. You can discard the remaining coconut water or save for another recipe.
Once the coconut cream and chocolate begin to melt, you will begin to see why I prefer the two together. A glossy, thick and smooth chocolate sauce will appear. Pour the sauce over the peanut butter filling. When it is re-chilled, the chocolate will harden into a soft shell.
Upon your first bite, there will be little going on in your brain apart from the overwhelming sense of gratitude…Thank you heavy cream, dark chocolate and George Washington Carver. I strongly encourage you to make this for the holidays. It may not be traditional pumpkin pie, but nobody will be complaining.
More Best Pie Recipes
- Dutch Apple Pie Recipe
- Fresh Peach Pie Recipe
- Pear Pie with Almonds and Raspberries
- Old Fashioned Rhubarb Pie
- Easy Apple Pie Recipe From Scratch
- Pumpkin Pie Recipe From Scratch
- The Best Cherry Pie Recipe
No bake peanut butter pie recipe made with a fluffy pie filling, oreo crust and chocolate top layer.
- 14.3 oz package of Oreo cookies (original)
- 1 ¼ cup butter, divided
- 1 ¾ cup natural creamy peanut butter (only peanuts and salt)
- 1 cup + 2 Tablespoons powdered sugar
- 8 oz. heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 14 oz. can full fat coconut milk, chilled
- In a food processor or blender, crumb entire package of Oreo cookies and ¾ cup melted butter. Press down the Oreo crumb mixture into a 10 inch pie pan and then put it in the refrigerator to harden.
- Using a hand held or stand mixer, blend together 1 cup of room temperature butter, 1 ¾ cup natural peanut butter (only peanuts and salt!) and 1 cup plus 2 T. of powdered sugar. Set aside.
- Add 8 oz. of heavy whipping cream to your blender and blend on medium speed until soft peaks form. Using a spatula, fold your whipped cream into the peanut butter mixture.
- Remove the )reo crust from the refrigerator and spread your peanut butter and cream mixture on top. Then put the pie back into the refrigerator to set up more.
- In a heavy bottom pan on low heat, combine the chocolate chips and ½ cup of coconut cream (top layer of chilled coconut milk in can). Stir the chocolate and coconut together until it is melted and smooth. Pour the sauce over the peanut butter filling.
- Chill the pie for an additional 4 hours or until set. For long term storage, freeze up to 6 months.
Keywords: no bake peanut butter pie, peanut butter pie, chocolate peanut butter pie, peanut butter pie recipe