Green Bean Casserole Recipe
After sharing my recent Aldi trip, I thought it would be fun to show you a recipe I had there and then created at home. I was so inspired to try some new recipes! One of my favorites was the non-traditional green bean casserole we had at dinner. I’m one who doesn’t like to mess with perfection, but this was really, really good.
What I liked about it was the fact that the green beans were not canned green beans. It made a huge difference. I also really enjoyed the corn being a part of the dish.
I did change a few things. I did leave out the bacon. I also did not add as much of the white mixture to the green beans. It seemed a bit much to me. You can find the original recipe here. All ingredients are from Aldi!
So… have you ever tried a non-traditional green bean casserole recipe?Print
Non-Traditional Green Bean Casserole Recipe
Looking for a non-traditional green bean recipe? This is the one made with ingredients from Aldi.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: Side Dish
- 6 slices Center Cut Bacon
- 16 ounces Green Beans
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 15.25 ounces Whole Kernel Corn
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 cup French Fried Onions
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Bake 6 slices of bacon until crispy, about 12 minutes and drain. Chop coarsely and reserve.
- Cook green beans in a microwave-safe container with 2 tablespoons of water for 6 minutes. Drain and chop green beans in half.
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients except onions, mix thoroughly.
- Coat a 9×12-inch pan with cooking spray; add the mixture, top with the onions.
- Cover and bake for 35-40 minutes.