Traditional orange delight cake made with mandarine oranges and cake mix. Easy and soooo good!
I’m a sucker for an old fashioned cake recipe. There’s something about making a cake from scratch that makes it taste even better. When I stumbled on this orange delight cake recipe in an old church cookbook, I knew I wanted to try it. My family loves anything citrus so I knew the flavor would be a winner, but the real kicker is that it’s super moist which makes it absolutely delightful.
And the topping, oh the topping. Crushed pineapple reminds me of my grandma. I don’t know why other than the fact that crush pineapple must have been in a few of her favorite desserts? 🙂 So, are you ready to try this super easy cake recipe?
To make this orange delight cake, you will need:
(1) 16 oz or 20 oz can mandarin oranges in their own juice
1 box light yellow cake mix
3 egg whites
1 ⅓ cup juice (mandarin orange juice and water)
12 oz cool whip
1 small box vanilla pudding mix
16 oz can crushed pineapple in natural juice
Mix together the mandarin juice/water, cake mix, egg whites and mandarin oranges (drained). So easy!
Add the mixture to a cake pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Evenly divide the mixture into two cake pans or one 9×13 pan. You could also make cupcakes. The possibilities are endless.
I love using round cake pans because I feel all fancy when the cake is done. I’m weird like that. But using a 9×13 is probably easier if you’re in a rush.
Bake as directed on your cake mix box. When the sides start to pull away you know it’s done. (You can also put a toothpick into the center as well, to make sure that all is well and not raw.) Let the cake completely cool.
Once the cake is completely cool, mix together the cool whip, crushed pineapple and vanilla pudding mix. Yum!
That’s it! Add your fluffy icing to the cake and enjoy! This cake is moist and delicious and is a big hit with my family!Print
Easy orange delight cake made with cake mix, cool whip and mandarine oranges! A traditional recipe that is the best!
- (1) 16 oz or 20 oz can mandarin oranges in their own juice
- 1 box light yellow cake mix
- 3 egg whites
- 1 ⅓ cup juice (mandarin orange juice and water)
- 12 oz cool whip
- 1 small box vanilla instant pudding mix
- 16 oz can crushed pineapple in natural juice
- Mix juice, cake mix and egg whites. Add orange segments. Mix well.
- Pour into greased cake pan and bake as directed on the cake mix box.
- Cool completely.
- Make your icing using the above ingredients. Frost your cake.
- Place in the refrigerator until you’re ready to enjoy.
- Category: Dessert