These meringue cookies could not be more easy to make. Full of nuts and dark chocolate they only take 10 minutes to put together and then they bake while you sleep!
- 2 eggs whites
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- dash of salt
- 2/3 Cup granulated sugar
- 1 Cup mini dark chocolate chips
- 1 Cup chopped walnuts and pecans
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a large cookie sheet with foil.
- In a large bowl, beat the two egg whites on medium-high speed until foamy. Next, add your cream of tartar, vanilla and salt and beat for a few seconds. Add the granulated sugar 2 Tablespoons at a time, beating well after each addition.
- With a spatula, gently fold in your nuts and chocolate chips until distributed.
- Use a small cookie scoop or a spoon to drop the meringue onto the prepared cookie sheet.
- As soon as you put the pan(s) into the hot oven, TURN OFF the oven and walk away for 8-12 hours. Remove from the oven and enjoy!
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: meringue cookies, overnight meringue cookies, how to make meringue cookies