Easy microwave peanut brittle recipe that makes a crispy airy peanut brittle perfect for Christmas treats or a gift idea. This old fashioned homemade recipe is made in an 1100 watt microwave.
1 1/2 Cups raw peanuts with skins
1 Cup sugar
1/2 Cup light corn syrup
1 tsp butter
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
**This recipe is based on a 1100 watt microwave.
- Combine peanuts, sugar and corn syrup in a 1 1/2 quart microwavable dish.
- Microwave for four minutes and 25 seconds at 70% power. Stir.
- Microwave again for four minutes at 70% power.
- Add butter and vanilla and stir until combined.
- Microwave for the final time at 70% power for 2 minutes.
- Add baking soda and quickly stir until foamy and light.
- Spread onto greased baking sheet. Let spread until about 1/4 inch thick.
- Let cool, break and enjoy!
If you don’t have a 1100 microwave you can adjust the power at which the microwave is on. You do not need to adjust the time. For example, my mom originally did the recipe with a 700 watt microwave at full power. The 1100 watt example is at 70%.
- Category: dessert
- Method: microwave
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: peanut brittle recipe, peanut brittle in the microwave, microwave peanut brittle, easy peanut brittle recipe