The softest peanut butter blossoms recipe! Made with butter and shortening to get that buttery taste and also brown sugar with the white sugar to give it a depth of flavor. These are the best!
- 3 Cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup shortening
- 1/2 Cup butter, room temperature
- 1 Cup sugar
- 1 Cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 Cup peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Hershey Kisses
- Preheat oven to 350˚ F.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Mix well and set aside.
- Cream sugars, shortening and butter together in a mixing bowl. Add beaten eggs, peanut butter and vanilla. Mix well until incorporated.
- Add dry ingredients to your wet ingredients. Using a cookie scoop, roll the dough between your hands to form a bowl. Roll the dough in sugar.
- Bake for 13 – 14 minutes. Remove from oven and press in a Hershey kiss into each cookie. Bake an additional 2 minutes.
- Let cool for 3-5 minutes on the pan and then carefully move to a cooling wrack.
- When cool, store in an airtight container.
You can substitute margarine for butter if you prefer in this recipe.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: peanut butter blossoms, Christmas cookies, peanut butter Hershey kiss cookies