Chewy, chocolatey, and rich peanut butter oatmeal bars are super simple to make in your 9×13 pan. Perfect for a snack or delicious dessert!
- 2 Cups old fashioned oats
- 1 1/4 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 Cup butter, melted
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 Cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 Cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375˚ F.
- In a large bowl combine the oats, flour, sugar, soda, and salt. Add the melted butter and stir until dry ingredients are moistened. Remove 1 1/2 Cups and set aside.
- Press the rest of the crumbles into a 13×9 baking pan. Bake in a preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine the sweetened condensed milk and peanut butter. Pour over the baked crust.
- Mix together the chocolate chips and reserved oat crumbles. Sprinkle onto the top of the milk mixture. Bake 20 more minutes at 375˚ F. Cool and cut into bars.
Adaptations: In place of the chocolate chips, you can use M&Ms or nuts.
Make-Ahead: Make these a day or two before you need them. Slice into bars once cool and store in an airtight container.
Store: Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
Freeze: Freeze the bars in an airtight container. Store up to 3 months.
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 291
- Sugar: 26.7
- Sodium: 172.4
- Fat: 14.2
- Carbohydrates: 37.4
- Protein: 4.8
- Cholesterol: 27.9
Keywords: peanut butter oatmeal bars, peanut butter dream bars