This pear pie recipe is made with fresh raspberries, raspberry jam and an amazing almond filling with pressed canned pears and apricot glaze. The combination of flavors makes a pie like no other.
- Unbaked pie shell
- 1 rounded cup of raw almonds + extra for garnish
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam
- 2 – 6oz. packages of fresh raspberries
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 4 T. soft butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 – 15 oz. can of pear slices
- 3 Tablespoon apricot preserves
- Toast one rounded cup of raw, whole almonds in a 350 degree oven for five minutes.
- In an unbaked pie shell, spread ½ cup of good quality raspberry jam on the bottom.
- Layer two 6 oz. packages of fresh raspberries on top, open side down.
- Using a food processor, combine the toasted almonds, 1/3 cup all-purpose flour, 2/3 cup granulated sugar, 4 T. soft, salted butter, 2 eggs and 1 tsp. almond extract. Process until smooth.
- Spread the filling evenly on top of the raspberries until you do not see any red peeking through.
- Drain a 15 oz. can of pear slices and press them gently into the top of the filling in any design you like. Bake the pie at 350 degrees for approx. 50 minutes or until the middle is set and top is golden brown.
- Allow the pie to cool slightly and then spread on a glaze of apricot preserves and extra chopped, toasted almonds. Serve with whipped cream.
The nutrition information listed below does not include the pie crust.
Keywords: pear pie, pear pie recipe, pear pie filling recipe, pear pie filling