Buttery and nutty homemade pecan sandies cookies recipe that makes the best crumbly cookie.
- 1/2 Cup butter, softened
- 1/2 Cup shortening
- 1 Cup sugar
- 1 3/4 Cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 Cup pecans, chopped
- Cream butter and shortening together. Gradually add sugar and cream on medium speed for 2 minutes until light and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, mix together dry ingredients. Gradually add to creamed sugar and butter mixture until fully incorporated. Stir in pecans.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least 1/2 an hour or up to 24 hours.
- Remove from refrigerator once cooled and roll into balls with a heaping tablespoon as your measurement. Place on baking mat on cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. Flatten to 1/3″ using a glass dipped in sugar.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes in a 350˚F oven.
If you want little bite size pecan sandies, use a heaping teaspoon to measure dough and lower your baking time.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pecans sandies, pecan sandies recipe, pecan sandies cookies, how to make pecan sandies