Delicious old fashioned potato salad made with redskin potatoes and egg bathed in a mustard and celery sauce. Best made the day before so the flavors can absorb into the potatoes.
- 5 lbs redskin potatoes
- 1 tsp salt
- 7 celery stalks, diced
- 1 tsp celery seed
- small yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 cup of salad green olives
- 2/3 cup miracle whip
- 1 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp yellow mustard
- 7 hard boiled eggs
- Submerge 5 lbs of washed red potatoes in a stove-top ready pan with cold water. Place pan on stove and bring to boil. Once boiling add teaspoon of salt to 5 lbs of potatoes. Boil for 10 – 15 minutes or until potatoes are done.
- Cool potatoes completely and peel (You can also leave them un-peeled if you prefer.)
- Place cooled potatoes in large bowl. Add celery, celery seed, onion and olives. Toss and let sit for 20 minutes to allow the potatoes to soak up the flavor.
- While the potatoes are soaking up the flavor, in a separate bowl, mix Miracle Whip, Mayonnaise and Mustard.
- Toss the potato mixture with half of the dressing. Slowly incorporate the dressing until it’s the desired consistency.
- Chop the hard -boiled eggs into bit size pieces. Gently incorporate into potato mixture. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
- Category: Salad
- Method: Salad
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: potato salad recipe, how to make potato salad, red potato salad, homemade potato salad