Made from scratch moist pumpkin bread recipe that’s sure to be a new family favorite. The sweetness of the pumpkin bread is made perfect with the combination of pure maple syrup and dark brown sugar along with plenty of fall spices.
- 2 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 Tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 large eggs
- 2 flax eggs
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 Tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- Preheat your oven to 350˚ F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flours, baking powder, soda, salt and spices.
- In a large separate bowl, combine all remaining ingredients starting with the canned pumpkin (except the coconut oil) and stir well . Make a well in the center of your dry ingredient bowl and pour your pumpkin mixture into it, stirring gently with a spoon.
- When most of the flour has been mixed in, pour in your melted coconut oil and stir until it is mixed through and there is no more flour showing.
- Divide the batter into two standard size loaf pans that have been greased ahead of time. Top with raw pumpkin seeds if desired.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Allow the breads to sit in the pan for 5 minutes before removing them to a cookie sheet to fully cool.
Instead of using individual spices, you may substitute 3 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice
If using fresh pumpkin instead of canned, use only 2/3 cup of heavy whipping cream
To give a nuttier taste considering using 2 large eggs and 2 flax eggs in the recipe.
- Category: Bread
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pumpkin bread, moist pumpkin bread, best pumpkin bread recipe