The very best blueberry muffins are the ones you make from scratch! This quick and easy blueberry muffin recipe is made with simple pantry ingredients and frozen or fresh blueberries. Let’s get baking!
The cousins were over during harvest this week and I decided to whip up a snack of blueberry muffins. I felt like baking as the weather has cooled in Ohio and this quick and easy blueberry muffin recipe was the perfect chance to make something special without taking up too much time. (I did have 5 kids 11 and under in my home.)
Table of Contents
Easy Step by Step Recipe Directions
- Line a muffin pan with 10 paper muffin cups and preheat oven to 400˚ F.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the wet ingredients and then pour over the dry ingredients and stir until just blended.
- Add the blueberries and fold them in.
- Divide batter evenly into the muffin cups. Bake 18 – 22 minutes or until golden.
Fresh or Frozen Blueberries
For this recipe, I chose to use fresh blueberries. I gently folded them in to keep them from bursting into the batter. However, you can use frozen blueberries. Add about 2-3 minutes to your bake time when using frozen berries.
You can use other fresh berries with this base batter recipe. Simply replace the blueberries with the same quantity of fresh cranberries, raspberries, or even apricots.
More Muffin Recipes
Quick and Easy Blueberry Muffins
- 1 1/2 Cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 Cup sugar
- 4 Tablespoons butter melted
- 1 Large egg beaten
- 3/4 Cup plus 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1 Cup blueberries fresh or frozen
- Preheat oven to 400˚ F and line a muffin pan with paper muffin cups.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the melted butter, egg, and milk. Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients. Stir until just combined. There will be lumps.
- Fold in the blueberries gently.
- Divide batter into 10 muffin cups. Bake at 400˚ F for 18 – 22 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove the muffins from the pan and let cool on a cooling rack. Serve warm.