Simple chocolate cake made with cocoa powder and chocolate milk.
- 4 oz. Bakers semi-sweet chocolate bar, divided
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup chocolate milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease a 9×9 pan or small bundt or tube pan.
- Shave half of a 4 oz. Bakers semi-sweet chocolate bar and set it aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, 1/2 cup sugar, 1/4 cup cocoa powder, 1 tsp. baking soda and 1/2 tsp. salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together 1 cup chocolate milk, 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce, 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract and 2 tsp. balsamic vinegar.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture. Whisk together.
- Whisk in the shaved chocolate.
- Spread batter into pan and bake 25-30 minutes or until toothpick comes clean.
- Let cool 10 minutes, remove from pan and frost or glaze with remaining chocolate bar, if desired
- Category: Dessert