If you’re looking for an easy Memorial Day treat to celebrate, try making these Patriotic, Red White and Blue Strawberries. I first shared these last year when we celebrated the 4th of July. However, these will be a great addition on Monday as well which is why I wanted to share them again today!
Since strawberries are on sale this time of year, they also make for a very frugal side dishes. And did I mention they are delicious?
[print_this]Patriotic, Red, White & Blue Strawberries
from Lynette’s Kitchen @ Cleverly Simple
White candy chocolate
1. Wash strawberries. Let dry completely.
2. Melt candy chocolate. (You can see my directions on how to do that in the microwave here.)
3. Dip strawberries into white chocolate, holding them by the leaves. Shake strawberry gently to get rid of excess chocolate.
4. Immediately dip the tip of the strawberries into the blue sprinkles.
5. Let cool on wax paper and enjoy!
Make sure you shake off any extra white chocolate after dipping them. If you have too much chocolate it will run and take the sprinkles with it.