These crunchy and sweet rice krispie peanut butter bars are going to grab a hold of you and not let go! This no bake dessert provides the perfect bite size of sweetness – which means you can’t have just one.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 cups Rice Krispies
- Dash salt
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Prep: Line a 8×8 square or 11×7 rectangular baking pan with parchment paper.
- Stove Top: Combine the sugar, corn syrup and dash of salt in a medium sauce pan. Cook over medium heat stirring constantly until the sugar is dissolved. Blend in the peanut butter and cereal.
- Base Layer: Place in the parchment paper lined baking pan.
- Topping: In a small sauce pan melt the butter and brown sugar. Remove from heat. Add the vanilla, milk and powder sugar and beat until smooth. Spread over the top of the base layer.
- Serve: Chill and then cut into small squares.
Storage: Store in an airtight container with layer separated by wax paper for up to 3 days at room temperature. Freeze to enjoy later at any time.
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 191
- Sugar: 23
- Sodium: 84.8
- Fat: 9
- Carbohydrates: 26.9
- Protein: 3.1
- Cholesterol: 6.1
Keywords: Peanut Crisp Bar, Rice Krispie Peanut Butter Bar, Peanut Butter Bars