This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Breyers. All opinions are 100% mine.
I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream! This time of year I can’t get enough of the stuff. Maybe it’s the hot weather or that the sweat treat screams summertime to me. Whatever the reason I just don’t think you can eat too much.
Because Breyers® is celebrating their 150th birthday, I thought it only fitting to make something unique to celebrate. And with peaches in season, I have a great recipe for you today. Because of Breyers® big birthday, they have partnered with celebrity chef Curtis Stone and his wife, actress Lindsay Price Stone. They are creating 12 recipes featuring Breyers® Natural Vanilla inspired by every single month of the year. That’s 12 ways to give families like mine a way to celebrate birthday, special occasions and dessert. One can always celebrate the fact there is dessert and eat more of it. 🙂
To make the inspired July recipe, Roasted White Peaches with Honeycomb and Vanilla Ice Cream, you will need:
1 cup sugar, divided
4 ripe but firm white peaches, halved, pitted
Nonstick cooking spray
⅓ cup honey
1 ½ tsp. baking soda
4 cups Breyers® Natural Vanilla Ice Cream
All Breyers® vanilla is real and from sustainably farmed, Rainforest Alliance Certified™ vanilla beans. And Breyers® only sources milk and cream from cows not treated with artificial growth hormones*
In a small bowl, combine 3 Tablespoons of sugar and the zest of one lemon. Stir for about one minute until the sugar starts to absorb the lemon. If you’re like me and can’t find your zester you can use a vegetable peeler to remove the thin layer of the peel and then use a sharp knife to dice it up. It worked just fine!
Cut your peaches in half and de-pit them. Place them in a 9×13 baking dish. Add ⅔ cup water and then sprinkle your lemon sugar mixture onto the peaches. Roast in a preheated 425 degree Fahrenheit oven for 25 – 30 minutes. It will make your kitchen smell sooooo good!
While that is roasting you’ll want to combine the rest of the sugar, honey and 2 tablespoons of water in a small saucepan. Stir constantly over high heat until it boils. Turn your heat down to medium-low and keep stirring for at least five minutes or until your mixture reaches 305 degrees fahrenheit. Add your baking soda, stir quickly and then add to a small baking sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Let cool and then break it into little chips to top your ice cream.
Remove the roasted peaches from the oven. Yum!
Now comes the fun part! Add a scoop of Breyers® Natural Vanilla to a small serving bowl. Add a warm peach and your sugar chips – as well as some peach juice from your pan to the serving bowl. Enjoy immediately!
What a delicious way to enjoy fresh peaches this time of year. Enjoy friends!Print
Roasted white peaches with crispy honeycomb and creamy ice cream!
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1 lemon, zested
- 4 ripe but firm white peaches, halved, pitted
- Nonstick cooking spray
- ⅓ cup honey
- 1 ½ tsp. baking soda
- 4 cups Breyers® Natural Vanilla Ice Cream
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a small bowl, whisk 3 tbs. sugar and lemon zest for about 1 minute, or until sugar is fragrant and moist. Arrange peaches, cut side up, in a 13×9-inch baking dish. Pour ⅔ cup water into dish. Sprinkle lemon sugar mixture over peaches and roast for 25 to 30 minutes, or until peaches are slightly softened and have released their juices.
- Meanwhile, lightly spray a small baking sheet with nonstick spray. In a medium heavy saucepan over high heat, bring remaining sugar, honey, and 2 tbs. water to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium-high and cook, without stirring, for about 5 minutes, or until a candy thermometer reaches 305°F. Remove from heat and whisk in baking soda just until blended and mixture begins to bubble. Gently pour hot mixture onto prepared baking sheet and cool. Break honeycomb into small pieces and reserve in an airtight container.
- Spoon ½ cup Breyers® Natural Vanilla Ice Cream into each of 8 bowls. Top with warm roasted peaches and warm juices. Sprinkle with honeycomb pieces and serve immediately.
*Suppliers of other ingredients such as cookies, candies & sauces may not be able to make this pledge. The FDA states that no significant difference has been shown between dairy derived from rBST-treated and non-rBST treated cows.