Crumbly butter crust for the first layer. Marshmallows for the second. And then topped with a peanut butter crunch sauce. Perfection!
- 1 1/2 Cup flour
- 2/3 Cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 Cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 Cups marshmallows
- 2/3 Cup corn syrup
- 1/4 Cup butter
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 12 oz package of peanut butter chips
- 1 Cups rice cereal
- 2 Cups salted peanuts
- Combine all the crust ingredients until crumb mixture forms.
- Press in the bottom of an un-greased 13×9 inch pan.
- Bake at 350° F for 12-15 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Immediately sprinkle with marshmallows. Return to oven 1-2 minutes or until marshmallows begin to puff. Cool while preparing topping.
- In a large sauce pan heat corn syrup, butter, vanilla and peanut butter chips until chips are melted and the mixture is smooth. Stir constantly!
- Remove from the heat and stir in the rice cereal and nuts.
- Immediately spoon warm topping over marshmallows. Spread to cover.
- Let chill and cut into 36 salted peanut chews bars.
You’ll want to work fast when you add the warm topping to the marshmallows. It hardens fast.
If you can’t find a 12 oz bag of peanut butter chips, an 11 oz bag works just as fine as that’s all I could find.
- Category: dessert
- Cuisine: North American
Keywords: dessert, salted peanut chews, recipe, salted peanut chews recipe, easy salted peanut chews