Looking for a new way to cook fresh green beans from the garden? This basic recipe creates a crispy green bean side dish your whole family will love. Seriously. My kids love it.
My kids do not like the texture of canned green beans. And after making this recipe, who can blame them? I was looking for a way to use up the fresh green beans we have from the garden and decided to look to the stove top.
How to Saute Fresh Green Beans
- Add olive oil to a skillet over medium heat.
- Once olive oil is heated, add fresh green beans, garlic, garlic powder, and salt.
- Toss together until desired tenderness is achieved. (Approximately 5-10 minutes)
Fresh Green Bean Tips
Variations: You can add pre-cooked bacon, mushroom or slivers of toasted almonds to take this side dish to the next level.
How to prep green beans: Wash using water only and then snap off the ends.
Don’t overcook: Make sure to cook only until fork tender. These green beans are best when still a little crispy.
I’ll admit I had very little fresh green beans this year because the rabbits got to my plants early on. Because of that, this was a great recipe for a handful of fresh green beans at a time. However, even with so few, this recipe is our favorite garden fresh side dish! Enjoy!
More Side Dishes for Dinner
Sautéed Fresh Green Bean Recipe
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound fresh green beans cleaned and snapped
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a skillet.
- Add green beans and all remaining ingredients. Toss repeatedly until green beans reach the desired tenderness, about 5-10 minutes.
- Serve hot.