Basic side dish recipe using fresh green beans from the garden. Ready in 5-10 minutes!
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound fresh green beans (cleaned and snapped)
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a skillet.
- Add green beans and all remaining ingredients. Toss repeatedly until green beans reach the desired tenderness, about 5-10 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Variations: You can add pre-cooked bacon, mushroom or slivers of toasted almonds to take this side dish to the next level.
How to prep green beans: Wash using water only and then snap off the ends.
Don’t overcook: Make sure to cook only until fork tender. These green beans are best when still a little crispy.
- Serving Size: 1/4 pound
- Calories: 67
- Sugar: 3.7
- Sodium: 152.4
- Fat: 3.8
- Carbohydrates: 8.3
- Protein: 2.2
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: sauteed green beans, fresh green bean recipe