Make this delicious savory pie for dinner using venison!
- 1 lb ground meat like Vension or Ground Beef
- 1 Cup of chopped yellow onion
- 2 TB flour
- 1 tsp. spice (curry, chili, garlic powder, oregano, cumin, etc.)
- 2 eggs
- 1 Cup small curd cottage cheese
- 1 tsp. salt + more
- 1/2 tsp. cracked black pepper + more
- paprika (optional)
- Brown 1 lb of ground meat with 1 cup chopped onion. Add a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Turn off heat, mash down meat so that it is extra fine and drain off liquid fat.
- Stir in 1 tsp. salt, 1/2 tsp. cracked black pepper, 2 T. flour and 1 tsp. of your favorite spice.
- In other bowl, whisk together two eggs, 1 cup of small curd cottage cheese and more cracked pepper.
- Spread the meat mixture into your unbaked pie shell.
- Pour the egg and cheese mixture over the meat, but do not mix.
- Sprinkle the pie with paprika (optional) and bake in 400 degree oven for 30 minutes or until the middle of the pie puffs up.
- Category: Main