Easy homemade blueberry muffins that are super moist and the perfect snack!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 heaping teaspoon orange zest
- 1 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375˚ F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together 2 cups all-purpose flour, ½ cup whole wheat flour, ½ cup rolled oats, 1 cup sugar, 1 tsp. baking soda, 1 tsp. baking powder, ½ tsp. cinnamon and ½ tsp. salt.
- In a smaller bowl, combine 1 ½ cups milk, ½ cup unsweetened applesauce, 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar and 1 heaping tsp. of fresh orange zest.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and stir well.
- Fold in 1 ½ cup of fresh blueberries that have been rinsed and dried.
- Let batter sit for 5 minutes while you grease your muffin tins. Fill each cup ¾ full.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until light golden and inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Immediately remove muffins to a cooling rack.
- Store them in an air tight container for up to a week or freeze for longer storage.
- Category: Snack
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 111
- Sugar: 11.5
- Sodium: 129.8
- Fat: .2
- Carbohydrates: 25
- Protein: 2.6
- Cholesterol: .4
Keywords: blueberry muffins