Simple garlic bread recipe using garlic powder, butter, and parsley. Slice store-bought french bread, add your butter sauce and bake in foil until warm. This is a great semi-homemade recipe to go along with lasagna.
I’m not a big bread person when it comes to dinner. Usually, it’s because I want more of the main course and don’t want the bread to take up too much room. 🙂 However, there are certain meals like lasagna or spaghetti where garlic bread seems to be a perfect match.
Typically I just grab a box of garlic bread out of the freezer section of the grocery store. But really, it’s so easy to make. I decided to try this simple garlic bread recipe this week and I’m so glad I did! I sometimes feel like the store-bought garlic bread has too much butter and too much garlic. There’s no control. Now, with this easy recipe, I have total control of how much garlic and butter.
And I think I found the perfect amount.
Garlic Bread Ingredients:
- 1 loaf of french bread
- parsley flakes
- garlic powder
How to Make Simple Garlic Bread
- Measure out the butter, garlic powder and parsley and place in a small bowl. Mix together.
- Slice the bread into one-inch slices. Do not slice it all the way to the cutting board. You’ll want the bread to still be connected at the bottom of the loaf.
- Spoon on the butter mixture into each slice.
- Wrap the loaf of bread in foil and place it in a 425˚ F preheated oven. Bake for 14 minutes.
I love this garlic bread because it’s crunchy on the outside but super moist and soft on the inside where the butter is. It was a big hit with my hubby and I plan to make it again soon! Enjoy!
Garlic Bread Tips
- Slice the bread until you reach just above the bottom crust. This keeps the butter contained and makes it easy to separate the slices once baked.
- Some french bread loaves are larger than others. If you need to add more butter sauce, just make more!
- You do not need to place the garlic bread in foil on a baking sheet if you wrap it well. 🙂
More Bread Recipes
Simple Garlic Bread Recipe
- 1 loaf french bread
- 4 Tablespoons butter melted or softened
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 425˚ F.
- Mix butter, parsley and garlic powder in small bowl.
- Cut bread into slices without going all the way to the bottom of the loaf.
- Spread the butter mixture onto each slice of the bread.
- Wrap in foil and bake for 12 - 15 minutes.
This recipe was originally shared in August 2015. It has been updated with pictures and the butter sauce has been slightly altered.