Simple garlic bread recipe using garlic powder, butter, and parsley. Slice store-bought french bread, add your butter sauce and bake in foil until warm. This is a great semi-homemade recipe to go along with lasagna.
I’m not a big bread person when it comes to dinner. Usually, it’s because I want more of the main course and don’t want the bread to take up too much room. 🙂 However, there are certain meals like lasagna or spaghetti where garlic bread seems to be a perfect match.
Typically I just grab a box of garlic bread out of the freezer section of the grocery store. But really, it’s so easy to make. I decided to try this simple garlic bread recipe this week and I’m so glad I did! I sometimes feel like the store-bought garlic bread has too much butter and too much garlic. There’s no control. Now, with this easy recipe, I have total control of how much garlic and butter.
And I think I found the perfect amount.
Garlic Bread Ingredients:
- 1 loaf of french bread
- parsley flakes
- garlic powder
How to Make Simple Garlic Bread
- Measure out the butter, garlic powder and parsley and place in a small bowl. Mix together.
- Slice the bread into one-inch slices. Do not slice it all the way to the cutting board. You’ll want the bread to still be connected at the bottom of the loaf.
- Spoon on the butter mixture into each slice.
- Wrap the loaf of bread in foil and place it in a 425˚ F preheated oven. Bake for 14 minutes.
I love this garlic bread because it’s crunchy on the outside but super moist and soft on the inside where the butter is. It was a big hit with my hubby and I plan to make it again soon! Enjoy!
Garlic Bread Tips
- Slice the bread until you reach just above the bottom crust. This keeps the butter contained and makes it easy to separate the slices once baked.
- Some french bread loaves are larger than others. If you need to add more butter sauce, just make more!
- You do not need to place the garlic bread in foil on a baking sheet if you wrap it well. 🙂
More Bread RecipesPrint
With only three ingredients (plus, the french bread) this super simple garlic bread is easy to make and the perfect compliment to any main dish.
- 1 loaf of french bread
- 4 Tablespoons of butter, melted or softened
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Pre-heat oven to 425˚ F.
- Mix butter, parsley and garlic powder in small bowl.
- Cut bread into slices without going all the way to the bottom of the loaf.
- Spread the butter mixture onto each slice of the bread.
- Wrap in foil and bak for 12 – 15 minutes.
Slice the bread until you reach just above the bottom crust. This keeps the butter contained and makes it easy to separate the slices once baked.
Some french bread loaves are larger than others. If you need to add more butter sauce, just make more!
You do not need to place the garlic bread in foil on a baking sheet if you wrap it well. 🙂
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 149
- Sugar: 0
- Sodium: 210.6
- Fat: 4.3
- Carbohydrates: 23.7
- Protein: 4.1
- Cholesterol: 10.2
Keywords: Simple garlic bread, garlic bread with garlic powder, garlic bread in foil
This recipe was originally shared in August 2015. It has been updated with pictures and the butter sauce has been slightly altered.