With only three ingredients (plus, the french bread) this super simple garlic bread is easy to make and the perfect compliment to any main dish.
- 1 loaf of french bread
- 4 Tablespoons of butter, melted or softened
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Pre-heat oven to 425˚ F.
- Mix butter, parsley and garlic powder in small bowl.
- Cut bread into slices without going all the way to the bottom of the loaf.
- Spread the butter mixture onto each slice of the bread.
- Wrap in foil and bak for 12 – 15 minutes.
Slice the bread until you reach just above the bottom crust. This keeps the butter contained and makes it easy to separate the slices once baked.
Some french bread loaves are larger than others. If you need to add more butter sauce, just make more!
You do not need to place the garlic bread in foil on a baking sheet if you wrap it well. 🙂
- Category: Bread
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 149
- Sugar: 0
- Sodium: 210.6
- Fat: 4.3
- Carbohydrates: 23.7
- Protein: 4.1
- Cholesterol: 10.2
Keywords: Simple garlic bread, garlic bread with garlic powder, garlic bread in foil