Easy healthy oatmeal pancakes recipe made with whole wheat flour and old fashioned rolled oats.
- 1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 heaping teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/8 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- In a large bowl, stir together 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour, 1/4 cup rolled oats, 2 tsp. baking powder, 1/4 heaping tsp. of salt and 1/4 tsp. of cinnamon.
- In a liquid measuring cup, whisk together 1 1/8 cups of milk, 1 egg, 2 T. of brown sugar and 2 T. of unsweetened applesauce.
- Add your liquid to the mixture of dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Allow the batter to sit for 5 minutes while you heat up your griddle using medium-high heat.
- Using a 1/4 measuring cup, pour the batter on your hot griddle. When you see bubbles formed over most of the batter, flip the pancake over and turn the heat down to low for an additional one minute. Remove the pancake, turn your heat back up and repeat.
Keywords: Healthy oatmeal pancakes, how to make oatmeal pancakes, easy oatmeal pancakes