This hearty slow cooker beef stew is packed with seasoned well with all the potatoes, chuck roast, onions, carrots and celery. Just 4 to 6 hours in the slow cooker on high to get the full flavor.
- 2 lbs chuck roast, cubed
- 1/2 Cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 Cups water
- 2 teaspoons beef better than bouillon
- 1/2 teaspoon minces garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 stalk of celery, sliced
- 3 medium potatoes, diced
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, salt, pepper and paprika.
- Add the cubed chuck roast to the slow cooker. Mix in the flour mixture to fully coat the stew meat.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Cook on low for 10-12 hours or high for 4 to 6 hours.
If you don’t have Hungarian paprika, you can substitute regular. I highly recommend purchasing Hungarian paprika when you can. The added flavor is amazing!
Keywords: slow cooker beef stew, easy beef stew slow cooker, how to make beef stew