Slow cooker eggplant pasta made with sausage. Seasoned with fresh basil, parsley and topped with parmesan.
- 1 pound ground sausage (any kind)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup white onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 2 cups eggplant, chopped with skin removed
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 14.5 oz. can of fire roasted tomatoes
- 6 oz. can of tomato paste
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup water
- heavy cream (optional)
- fresh parmesan (optional)
- In a heavy bottom skillet, cook the ground sausage in about 2 T. of olive oil and set it aside.
- Using the same pan, saute the onion, garlic and fennel seeds until the seeds pop and start to crisp.
- Meanwhile, peel an eggplant with a vegetable peeler. Discard the peels and chop up two cups of the eggplant fruit into small cubes.
- Add the sausage, onion mixture and eggplant to your slow cooker.
- Next, chop up and add the fresh parsley, fresh basil and add the dried oregano and salt
- To the slow cooker, add the can of fire roasted tomatoes, tomato paste, dry white wine and water.
- Stir well and set your slow cooker for LOW at 3.5 hours or HIGH for 7 hours.
- When ready to serve, cook 10 oz. of your favorite pasta pasta in salted water and stir the pasta into the sauce.
- Stir in heavy cream and/or top with fresh parmesan (optional)
- Category: Main
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: eggplant pasta, slow cooker eggplant