Moist shredded pulled pork packed with flavor. Can we be topped with bbq sauce or left on it’s own. It’s that good!
- 5 lb boston butt pork or pork shoulder
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 2 large onions
- Trim the fat on the pork and place the pork into the slow cooker fat side up.
- Rub garlic salt all over the pork.
- In a bowl combine the chicken broth, balsamic vinegar and Worcestershire sauce. Pour over pork in slow cooker.
- Drizzle honey on top of pork.
- Cut onions into large slices and lay on top of pork.
- Cook on high in the slow cooker for 4 hours and then low for an additional 4 hours or until you can pull the born out easily and the pork falls apart.
- Remove the pork from the slow cooker and shred. Strain juice into fat separator.
- Keep pulled pork warm by placing it back into the slow cooker until ready to serve. Pour leftover strained juices to keep it moist.
Pulled pork freezes wonderfully! Place in bags and freeze. Reheat over the stove top with a little juice you’ve reserved, or water. I sometimes just add a little water.
If you’re making this for a big crowd, make it a day before so you don’t have to worry about the long cook time. Once cooked, let cool in the refrigerator. Reheat in the slow cooker on low for 4 hours. Make sure to add juices to keep the pulled pork moist.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: North American
Keywords: pulled pork slow cooker