Soft peanut butter cookies that have a delicious peanut butter flavor. This old fashioned recipe makes the best chewy and soft peanut butter cookie!
- 3 Cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup shortening
- 1/2 Cup butter, softened
- 1 Cup sugar
- 1 Cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 Cup peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat your oven to 350˚ F.
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Mix well and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the shortening, butter and sugars together. Add your beaten eggs, peanut butter and vanilla and mix until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Mix in your dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until well incorporated.
- Using a cookie scoop, remove the cookie dough and roll between your hands to form a ball. Roll the dough into a bowl of sugar. Place the peanut butter cookie dough balls evenly spaced on an un-greased cookie sheet. Using a fork, make a criss cross pattern on each peanut butter cookie ball to flatten them to approximately 1/4 an inch.
- Bake in a 350˚ F for 12 to 13 minutes or until the edges just barely start to show a little browning.
Do not over bake these cookies! You want the edges to just start to brown but ever so slightly. If you wait until the cookie is fully browned they will taste great, but you’ll lose the soft and chewy texture. Test one cookie first to determine the ideal baking time for your oven.
Keywords: soft peanut butter cookies, how to make peanut butter cookies, homemade peanut butter cookies