This salty and sweet make ahead strawberry pretzel salad dessert is the perfect recipe to make for the holidays, potlucks and even a barbecue feast.
- 2 cups coarsely crush pretzels
- 1 1/2 sticks butter, melted
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup + 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 8 oz cool whip
- 1 TB lemon juice
- 6 oz strawberry jello
- 2 cups boiling water
- 20 oz frozen strawberries
- Mix together the pretzels, melted butter and 3 Tablespoons sugar.
- Press into a 9×13 pan.
- Bake at 400° F for 8 minutes.
- Let cool
- Beat 1 Cup sugar and cream cheese together.
- Slowly add cool whip and blend well.
- Add lemon juice and mix in to second layer.
- Spread on topped of pretzels.
- Mix together jello, boiling water and frozen strawberries.
- Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Pour onto second layer.
Refrigerate for at least four hours but longer is better!
I used the sliced frozen strawberries for this recipe as I found them to be easier to work with.
This recipe yields 16 in my opinion because it is such a rich dessert and I only serve smaller slices.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 595
- Sugar: 75.8
- Sodium: 212.6
- Fat: 16.3
- Carbohydrates: 114.9
- Protein: 8.1
- Cholesterol: 37.4
Keywords: strawberry pretzel salad