Stuffed pepper soup is a warm, delicious, cozy dinner for cold winter nights. This hearty one-pan soup is easy to prepare and contains great flavor!
Table of Contents
Stuffed Bell Pepper Soup Recipe
If you love stuffed peppers then you will love all the flavors that go into this delicious soup. Packed with not only green and red peppers, but ground beef, rice, and seasonings, the flavor really comes alive.
How to Make Stuffed Pepper Soup on the Stove Top
Peppers are of course the star of the show. But alongside them are cooked rice and hamburger just like any good stuffed pepper would have.
- Prep: Brown the ground beef and drain the fat.
- Combine: Mix all ingredients (including the cooked ground beef) and bring to a boil.
- Simmer: Let simmer until the peppers are soft. Serve warm.
How to Make Stuffed Pepper Soup in the Slow Cooker
- Prep: Cook the ground beef and drain the fat.
- Combine in Slow Cooker: Mix together all ingredients including the cooked ground beef in the slower cooker.
- Cook: Cook on low for 6-8 hour or on high for 4 hours. When peppers are soft, the soup is ready to serve.
What Should I Serve with It?
How to Store
This soup recipe makes a lot! Once you and your family have enjoyed your fill, store the leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. You can also freeze any leftovers. Just thaw and warm up on the stove top when ready to enjoy.
More of Delicious Soup Recipes You’ll Love!
Stuffed Pepper Soup
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 28 oz tomato sauce
- 28 oz diced tomatoes
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups chopped peppers red and green
- 3 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 Cups water
- 1 medium onion chopped
- Prep: Cook the ground beef. Drain the fat.
- Combine: Stir together all ingredients (including the cooked ground beef) in a large stock pot.
- Cook: Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and let simmer until the peppers are soft.
- Serve warm
- Slow Cooker: If cooking in the slower cooker, follow the instruction above. However, combine all ingredients and cook in the slower cooker for 6-8 hours on low or 4-5 hours on high or until the peppers are soft.