Easy dairy free sweet potato muffins covered with a pecan and brown sugar crumbly topping.
Sweet Potato Muffins Batter:
- 1 Cup sweet potato, fully cooked
- 1/4 Cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 Cup of Silk Almondmilk
- 1 1/2 Cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 Cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 Cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 Cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Prepare cupcake baking pan with cooking spray or muffin liners.
- Add cooked sweet potato to the mixing bowl and beat until smooth. Add vegetable oil, egg and almond milk. Mix until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Slowly add dry ingredients to sweet potato batter until moist.
- Evenly distribute batter into muffin pan.
- Combine brown sugar and pecans in bowl to create topping. Cover the tops of the batter in muffin pan.
- Bake at 375° F for 20 minutes or until toothpick in center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes in pan before removing.
One medium sweet potato equals approximately one cup of cooked sweet potato.
To easily cook your sweet potato, fork holes into it. Place it in the microwave for a total of six minutes, flipping it half way through the cook time.
Keywords: sweet potato muffin recipe