A unique casserole made with past shells stuffed with taco seasoning, ground beef – and other taco goodness!
- 18 oz Jumbo Shells (I had to buy two boxes and use 1 1/2 of the shells.)
- 2 lbs ground beef, cooked and drained
- 2 packages of taco seasoning
- 2 Cups water
- 3 (16 oz) cans of refried beans
- 2 Cups cheddar cheese
- 2 (16 oz) jars of salsa (I used one medium and one mild.)
- 3 roma tomatoes
- 3/4 Cup sliced green onions
- Brown and cook the ground beef. Drain.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil and cook the noodles. Drain.
- In a mixing bowl combine the cooked ground beef, water, refried beans, taco seasoning and 1 1/2 cups of cheese.
- Stuff the pasta shells with the mixture filling three pans.
- Top with remaining cheese, tomatoes and onions.
- Bake in a 350 degree Fahrenheit oven for 1 hour.
- If freezing, let thaw before cooking.
- Category: main course