The best caramel corn recipe can be made in less than one hour.
- 4 quarts popped corn
- 1 Cup brown sugar
- 1/2 Cup corn syrup
- 1/2 Cup butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees Faranheit.
- Pop the popcorn and place into tins. Please the tins into the oven.
- Mix the brown sugar, corn syrup, butter and salt in a sauce pan over medium-high heat. Stir constantly. Bring it to a boil. Let it boil for 5 minutes without stirring.
- Remove from heat and add baking soda and vanilla. Mix well.
- Pour syrup over warm popcorn.
- Bake the caramel covered corn for 45 minutes in the 250 degree Faranheit oven. Toss the popcorn every 10 minutes.
- Remove the caramel corn from the oven and spread onto a layer of foil that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Let cool and enjoy!
For ease, pour one ladle at a time when pouring the syrup over the warmed popcorn. Once I added one scoopful, my husband would then stir the popcorn to evenly coat it. We added another scoopful, tossed the popcorn, another scoopful, tossed the popcorn. This really is easiest with two people. A scooper and a tosser. 🙂
- Category: Appetizer