Make the best gingerbread cookie with this recipe that makes a soft and chewy gingerbread man.
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup blackstrap molasses
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Whisk together the flour, spices, soda and salt. Set aside.
- Using a mixer, mix the oil, molasses and brown sugar. Mix in the eggs, one at a time. Slowly stir in the flour mixture.
- The dough will still be quite sticky. Place the dough onto a heavily floured surface and with floured hands, work in more flour with your hands until the dough is no longer sticky.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350˚ F. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough 1/4 inch thick and cut out! Bake for 8 minutes on un-greased cookie sheets until “cracked.” Let cool for 2 minutes before removing.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: easy gingerbread cookie recipe, soft gingerbread cookie recipe, best gingerbread cookies