Creamy turkey casserole made with mushrooms, egg noodles, and a homemade sauce (no canned soup!). Just like turkey tetrazzini, this recipe is best made with leftover turkey. Pair alongside a salad for a complete meal!
The best part of Thanksgiving might just be the leftovers. And whether your leftover turkey is coming days after the holiday or you’ve found a bag of turkey in your freezer, making this creamy turkey noodle casserole is an easy weeknight meal. Topped with bread crumbs and parmesan cheese to give it a crunch, this recipe quickly became a family favorite.
You know when grandma said it was good – it’s going to be a great leftover turkey casserole recipe!
How to Make Turkey Casserole
Drain the mushrooms reserving the juice. Saute mushrooms and onion in butter. Blend in the flour and seasonings before adding the milk and mushroom liquid. Stir constantly over medium heat until thickened.
In the meantime, cook your egg noodles according to directions and drain. Combine the noodles with the sauce and leftover turkey. Add to a 2-quart casserole dish and top with parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, and butter. Bake at 400˚F for 20 – 25 minutes until bubbly and the internal temperature reaching 165˚ F.
Serve alongside your favorite salad and enjoy turkey for just one more day! I hope you enjoyed this leftover turkey casserole as much as we did!
More Casserole Recipes
- Hunters Casserole with Ground Venison
- Jiffy Cornbread Casserole & Minute Recipe!
- Cheesy Hashbrown Casserole
Creamy turkey casserole topped with bread crumbs and parmesan cheese. The perfect way to use up that leftover turkey!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: Casserole
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- 1 Can (4 oz.) sliced mushrooms, drained, reserving liquid
- 1/3 Cup chopped onions
- 1/4 Cup butter
- 3 Tablespoons flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- dash of pepper
- 3 Cups milk and mushroom liquid
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon
- 2 Cups cooked turkey, cubed
- 1 8 oz. package egg noodles, medium
- grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 Cup bread crumbs
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 400˚ F and cook noodles according to package directions. Drain noodles.
- Saute mushrooms and onion in butter until onions are translucent. Blend in flour and seasonings; add milk and mushroom liquid. Stir constantly over medium head until sauce thickens.
- Combine sauce, drained noodles and turkey. Add to 2 quart casserole dish. Top with parmesan cheese and bread crumbs. Dot with butter. Bake at 400˚ F for 20 – 25 minutes or until bubley and internal temperature reaching 165˚.
- Calories: 312
- Sugar: 5.7
- Sodium: 385.1
- Fat: 14.1
- Carbohydrates: 22.5
- Protein: 23.2
- Cholesterol: 99.5
Keywords: turkey casserole, leftover turkey casserole, turkey noodle casserole